TPSC Agriculture Officer Syllabus 2021 – Tripura Public Service Commission has released the syllabus and exam pattern for Agriculture Officer Post. Totally 63 vacancies offered for this recruitment. Candidates who applied and going to apply for this recruitment are advised to download the exam pattern and syllabus then start to prepare the examination. Refer this page till end for further details.
TPSC Agriculture Officer 2021 Details
|Name of the Board||Tripura Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Post||Agriculture Officer|
|Number of vacancies||63|
|Starting date to apply||02.03.2021|
|Last date to apply||30.03.2021|
|Status||Exam pattern and Syllabus released.|
TPSC Agriculture Officer 2021 Exam Pattern
Evaluation of candidates will be done in two (2) stages viz. MCQ test followed by interview/ personality test. Marks distribution will be as follows:
|Subject Name||Number of Question|
|MCQ Part I: English & General Knowledge including current affairs||30|
|MCQ Part II: Agriculture||150|
|Interview / Personality test||20|
TPSC Agriculture Officer 2021 Syllabus
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Use of common Phrase & Idioms
- Use of appropriate prepositions and articles
- Ordering of words in a sentence
- Ordering of sentences
- Spotting of errors
- Use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
- Parts of speech
- Gender, person & number
- Tense-past, present, future
- Voice change
General knowledge including current affairs:
- Geography of India: – Physical, Social & Economic.
- Geography of Tripura: – Natural resources with special reference to its soil, forest, water and power.
- History of Tripura:- During 1857 to 1949.
- Culture of Tripura:- Different Tribes, Languages, Customs, Festivals, Important Historical sites etc.
- Indian Polity and Economy: – Country’s Political system and Constitution of
- India, Panchayati Raj, Community development, Economic development during Plan periods. ‘
- Science & Technology
- Current affairs of national and international importance
MCO Part If: Agriculture
1.Agriculture in India and Tripura:
- Agriculture in India, its importance in national economy.
- History of Indian Agriculture.
- National agricultural setup in India
- Area production and productivity of major crops of Tripura and India.
- Government Agricultural Policies
- Agricultural Education, Research and Extension institutes of National Importance.
- Agro- Climatic & Agro-ecological zones of India.
- Natural Resource Management:
- Soil formation, composition, physical properties.
- Soil fertility and productivity
- Problem soils and their management
- Essential plant nutrients.
- Manures & fertilizers
- Integrated nutrient management (INM)
- Scheduling of irrigation, methods of irrigation
- Water use efficiency
- Quality of irrigation water
- Water stress & management
- Conservation of soil and water
- Watershed and wasteland development
- Cropping systems
- Integrated farming system (IFS)
- Dryland agriculture
- Sustainable agriculture
- Recycling of agricultural waste
- Biodiversity and its conservation
- Application of Remote Sensing & GIS in Agriculture.
- Fundamentals of Crop Production:
- Factors of crop Production
- Agricultural seasons of India and Tripura ~ .
- Recommended Package of practices of different crops with major emphasis in Tripura.
- System of Rice Intensification (SRI).
- Shum Cultivation in Tripura
- Organic Agriculture
- Weather, climate, atmosphere. Elements of weather; climatic normals for major crops, weather aberration, weather forecasting, global warming and climate change
- Tilth & tillage
- Crop establishment
- Nano-particles and their applications
- Precision Agriculture.
- Statistical Methods
- Major Weeds of Tripura & Integrated Weed Management (IWM). Commonly used herbicides in India and Tripura.
- Farm mechanization and its role in agricultural production and rural employment.
- Basic knowledge of farm implements.
- Definition and branches, importance in human nutrition and national economy and scope
- Plant propagation-methods and propagating structures
- Principles and methods of training and pruning,
- Juvenility and flower bud differentiation, unfruitfulness, pollination, pollinizers and pollinators, fertilization and parthenocarpy.
- Importance/role of plant bio-regulators in horticulture.
- Irrigation and fertilizer application methods in horticultural crops.
- Rootstocks – importance and role
- Orchard layout and planting systems, high density planting and meadow orchard.
- Production technologies of major fruits – mango, banana, citrus, pineapple guava, litchi, papaya, sapota, grape, apple, pear and minor fruits like ber, jackfruit, strawberry, pomegranate.
- Crop Improvement:
- Crop Physiology
- Plant Breeding
- Seed and seed technology:
- Crop Protection:
- Plant Pathology
- Agricultural Entomology:
- Social Science:
Principles of farm business management: ANOaAPWN Pr
- Types and systems of farms
- Classical production functions
- Management of resources
- Farm Planning and budgeting
- Investment analysis
- Risk and uncertainties in agriculture
- Cost concepts
- Multi credit delivery system
Agricultural Extension: Principles and Methods:
- Rural Sociology
- Extension methods for transfer of technology
- Communication models
- Diffusion and adoption
- Role of women in agriculture
- ICT in agriculture
- Capacity building of extension personnel, SHG and farmers
- Role of KVK
Agricultural Marketing & Market Intelligence:
- Market structure
- Agricultural Cooperatives
- Agricultural Loan
- Marketing efficiency
- FRP- Procurement Price –
- Problem and prospects of Agricultural marketing
- Importance of Agriculture in the Indian economy
- Farm Business and Finance Management
- Marketing and pricing of agricultural inputs (seeds, fertilizer and PPC) and output (production).